San Fernando Valley Fresh Start Attorney
Seek Tax Relief through the Fresh Start Program
If you are facing considerable tax debt, you might be wondering how you’ll ever pay back the IRS while interest accumulates and penalties plague your account. One form of tax relief that may apply to your situation is the IRS’s Fresh Start Program.
At Tax Relief & Bankruptcy Group, we help clients determine their eligibility for this tax relief program and apply for the benefits it offers. Our Fresh Start team in the San Fernando Valley is intimately familiar with the details of this program and know how to position clients effectively to earn them the tax relief benefits they need.
What Is the Fresh Start Program?
First established by the IRS in 1998, the Fresh Start Program encompasses a set of reforms and initiatives to alleviate the pressure that taxpayers face and make it easier for them to pay back their taxes and avoid harsh penalties.
The Fresh Start initiatives include:
- Penalty abatement: We understand how to remove penalties that violate your rights.
- Installment agreements: The Fresh Start Program expanded taxpayers’ access to more streamlined installment agreements. Taxpayers who owe up to $50,000 can take advantage of payment plans up to 72 months.
- Offers in compromise: The offers in compromise (OIC) program has been expanded and streamlined by the Fresh Start Program. The IRS has more flexibility in assessing a taxpayer’s ability to pay back taxes, which has resulted in more favorable outcomes for more people.
- Tax lien limits: Thanks to the Fresh Start Program, the IRS will not file a Notice of Federal Tax Lien until a taxpayer owes at least $10,000.
- Lien release requests: This ameliorated process makes it easier for a taxpayer to request their tax lien notice to be withdrawn.
- Business and payroll tax settlement programs: Business owners can enjoy more streamlined settlement options for unpaid business or payroll taxes.
Take Advantage of the Fresh Start Program
If you are struggling to make ends meet while burdened with overwhelming tax debt, you may qualify for the relief through this invaluable program. At Tax Relief & Bankruptcy Group, we are committed to helping you get the relief you need. Our Fresh Start team in San Fernando Valley can assess your situation and determine the right path forward for your unique case.
You're Protected by Attorney/Client Privileges & Confidentiality
Appointments Available After Hours & Weekends
Payment Plans Available for Select Services
Free 15-Minute Consultation
Services Available in Spanish & Farsi
Tax and financial hardship can cause you to lose visibility of what's most important and effect you and your family. Contact us today to work with compassionate and experienced attorneys who will navigate you to a save destination.